Saturday, February 9, 2013

Battle Royale

I just finished watching a movie about Japanese teenagers and their fight for survival, literally! This is a Japanese film that takes you on a roller coaster ride and doesn't let you go. Battle Royale is a film would make a teenager feel as if they truly could not trust anyone. The teacher is a man that enforces the "B.R. Act" that was passed into a law by officials. Boys and Girls are given weapons and told that only one will survive, so fight to the death. There was some controversy about the film, just like in the 1970's with Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange and all of the "teenage violence".

On The Dean's List Movie Scale
1- "I'll Never Tell" anything good about this!
2- "Dazed & Confused" from watching this!
3- "You Only Live Twice" watching again!
4- "Blazing Saddles" can't pull me away!
5- "Rocky" this goes the distance!

Battle Royale gets:
4- "Blazing Saddles" can't pull me away!

I recommend this movie and there is a sequel that I will be reviewing as well soon. Thanx to Adam Gross in CT for suggesting this movie.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment