Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Club...

From Bullet Club to The Club... ehh?!?

Not knocking Anderson, Gallows, and Styles in this, but why in the world would WWE creative come up with a name for this three man team by conjuring up memories of a steering wheel locking mechanism?

In Japan, they were in the faction called the Bullet Club. This "nWo-esque" group became the talk of the wrestling world, at least with hardcore fans. The WWE is marketed towards children and the kids only know what they see on tv. Some really great wrestling isn't on tv and the little ones don't know who guys like Kenny Omega, Ricochet, Dalton Castle, Jax Dane, Raymond Rowe, and The Young Bucks are. For example, I introduced my son to the "non-mainstream" wrestling shows and he was in awe. He turns after seeing Kota Ibushi vs Kenny Omega and asks, Why are they not in the WWE? I have to say each time that I don't know.

My son loves wrestling just like I do and has started watching Lucha Underground. His favorite is Pentagon Jr. and through the show is learning Spanish.

Back to the topic at hand, The Club...
This incarnation of the Bullet Club is great for the hardcore fans, but strange for the casual watcher. Then a generic name to replace the copyrighted Bullet Club moniker is put into place so all parties are safe from litigation. I hope that it all works out for The Club because it definitely sounds better than "The Bloodline".

Strictly my opinion on this folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment