Sunday, August 26, 2012

One Two, Freddy's Coming For You

In the '80s there were tons of horror movies and one of the few that scared me was A Nightmare On Elm Street. I remember when Nightmare 3 came out and my friends were talking about getting their parents to take them to see it. I didn't wanna be left out so I told them I would see it with my mom at night! Yeah, that showed them and the fact that my mom went to see it was cool. The best part was when she brought me her ticket stub. I took it to school monday to prove how much of a "big boy" or "tough guy" I was and then I met my first problem... One of my friends had actually seen it and when I started talking about it he would laugh and say it wasn't how that happened. I was crushed cause he knew I was lying and I hadn't seen the movie. I admitted to him that I was scared when we talked at lunch, he knew I was just trying to be "big" in front of my friends. It wasn't until I got older that I actually watched it. The guy never told anyone that I was lying about seeing the movie but he reminded me of it the other day when we crossed paths. He has kids now and his oldest did the same thing that I did. We laughed and had a good time reminiscing. Strange how one thing can still make you remember the good ol' days... "HOLLA!"
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment