Saturday, January 12, 2013

Top 5 Wrestling Entrance Themes

5- Cult Of Personality by Living Colour for CM Punk
4- Man In The Box by Alice In Chains for Tommy Dreamer
3- Unstable by Jim Johnston for The Ultimate Warrior
2- The Game by Motorhead for Triple H
1- Graveyard Symphony by Jim Johnston for The Undertaker

Yes, most of these choices are for WWE wrest... I mean Superstars! Actually I do mean wrestlers!!! I hate that the "W" word is looked down on and actual wrestlers don't get their due... Another story, for another time... maybe!

These songs take me back to a place in my history that was so memorable and long lasting. The Undertaker is number one on my list for one reason: everytime I heard the bell toll, I was transported back to the debut of 'Taker and I was in awe of him. Twenty years later, the tolling of the bell leaves me speechless and frozen where I stand. Don't believe me? Ask my buddy Zack Mathews, he saw it first hand!

The Game by Motorhead is the song that I play in my head before I step on stage. Not to step on toes or sound cocky, but when I step on stage "I Am The Fucking Game!" Yes I just quoted or paraphrased Triple H from an interview he did with "Good Ol' JR" Jim Ross. It gets me pumped to deliver the best for the people that paid to see a show.

Ultimate Warrior's entrance was awesome and is so memorable with fans my age and we all have done the rope shake and running around the house when we've heard it!

Tommy Dreamer is the heart and soul of ECW! I wanted to be Dreamer and I dressed up like him for Halloween one year (wish I had a picture of it to show y'all) Man In The Box will always remind me of the days of Extreme Championship Wrestling and where I learned how the psychology of the business (even in comedy) could be used to build a foundation that spawns "cult like" fans.

CM Punk used this song before but it's lyrics meant so much more as he came back to the WWE as the Champion. During his stint on Smackdown, Punk had the Straight Edge Society and it was called a "cult" by fans. Driven by Punk's beliefs, the SES had made Punk out to be a "Messiah" and the WWE was shaken to it's core. As Punk won the WWE Championship, he left the company to prove a point to McMahon. When Punk came back, Cult Of Personality filled the arena and the Punk Era had begun!

Stay tuned for more Top 5 Lists on The Dean's List
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment