Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

I am missing my mom this weekend and I know I'm not alone in this feeling. Many folks have reached out by message with stories of their mothers and how they miss them but they remember the fun and good times. It definitely makes things easier to deal with by thinking of the good times.

I do remember a fun time but mom didn't think it was very fun... One Thanksgiving, my uncle had bought a "laughing box"that came with a remote and we thought it would be funny to put the box inside the turkey so when mom carved the turkey it would make everyone would laugh. Well, mom goes and puts the knife in one hand, puts the fork into the bird and as she starts to carve my uncle presses the button for it to laugh. Mom drops the knife and fork then runs to the restroom to get sick. Now we knew she had a weak stomach but we figured she would just scream. Nope she got sick and wouldn't eat. Granny didn't eat turkey for a while but the rest of us laughed our tails off. Mom did tell me at one time that it was the funniest thing she'd ever been apart of but she didn't like the fact that the joke was on her.

Mom I miss ya and love ya. I hope you're not mad that I shared this because you know I'm gonna do it again someday :*
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment