Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Brainscan

This 1994 cult classic was the video game age's answer to horror films. Edward Furlong, better known as John Conner from Terminator 2: Judgment Day, plays a teenager that is a gamer and gets a game called Brainscan in the mail to play. Strange things start to happen around town shortly after playing the game.

As a gamer, I really enjoyed the story that the movie told about said gamer and the strange things that were going on. It made me think, would I want to play a game that was this intense and interactive? With the games out now, the answer is yes and this movie is a great example of that.

On The Dean's List Horror Scale
1- "Tear My Soul Apart", this sucks!
2- Freddy could kill me cause I fell asleep!
3- Strap me to a chair, this one's a "Shocker"!
4- I'm having a ball, am I in "Phantasm"?
5- Great scares take "Shape"!

Brainscan gets:
4- I'm having a ball, am I in "Phantasm"?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment