Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Days of Horror: Prom Night (1980)

Since I watched the re-imagined version last year, I figured it was time to watch the original. The cult classic that stars Jamie Lee Curtis is considered one of the all time favorite slasher films.

The story about four high school seniors hiding from the truth about a death six years ago in a way, is something we can all relate to. All of us have "skeletons" in the closet and it's not until we face those skeletons that they finally go away. This truth will not go away and plans on destroying the people that know the truth.

For a movie that loosely inspired movies series like Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legends, Prom Night is well worth the time to watch. Who knows, it may be inspiring the next batch of slasher films now...

On The Dean's List Horror Scale
1- "Tear My Soul Apart", this sucks!
2- Freddy could kill me cause I fell asleep!
3- Strap me to a chair, this one's a "Shocker"!
4- I'm having a ball, am I in "Phantasm"?
5- Great scares take "Shape"!

Prom Night (1980) gets:
3- Strap me to a chair, this one's a "Shocker"!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment