Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days Of Horror: The Thing

For the second annual 31 Days of Horror, I asked for some suggestions of movies to watch on Twitter and Facebook. I was very surprised at the outcome and excited to see all of the suggestions and where they originated from.

The first movie in the 31 Days of Horror was suggested by Chris Page of Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom! Chris suggested: John Carpenter's The Thing

The movie is a reimagining of an old science fiction film that brings alien invasion into the horror genre. The special effects alone are truly extreme and disgusting, now remember in 1982 it was very extreme. In today's horror, this movie would stand tall. The movie is based more on the John W. Campbell Jr.'s story, "Who Goes There?" and is presented as a remake of the 1951 "The Thing From Another World".

On The Dean's List Horror Scale
1- "Tear My Soul Apart", this sucks!
2- Freddy could kill me cause I fell asleep!
3- Strap me to a chair, this one's a "Shocker"!
4- I'm having a ball, am I in "Phantasm"?
5- Great scares take "Shape"!

John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) gets:
5- Great scares take "Shape"!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment