Friday, June 8, 2012

Advice

I always ask fellow comedians for their advice on being a comic and the majority of them say the same thing (it's valuable info, kids!): Do what makes you laugh! If others think it's funny, they'll laugh with you. I am starting to notice that when I write jokes, I'm writing for the audience and not for me. It's my take on things that will make them laugh or cringe and I got away from that. I want people to see the world through my mucked up eyes and experiences. So I will be doing a lot more personal stuff from my life and the "trials" I've been through.

Now to some fun stuff! In the picture is the Midnight Swinger, a crazy comedian from Las Vegas and the guy is the epitome of the word "Entertainer"! I got to speak with him (hence the picture) and he told me like all the comedians I've asked: "Keep on writing and get as much stage time as possible. The more polished you are the better you will become." I performed last wednesday night at Side Splitters Comedy Club in Knoxville TN and it had been so long since my last show that I looked visibly shaken on stage. My rhythm was off and I just didn't have it like I did before I took time off. I'll get back to where I left off but I gotta hit the stage more. Thank you to all of the comedians that have given me and others the advice that we so desperately need. "HOLLA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment