Monday, June 18, 2012

Insane Clown Posse

I stumbled upon the infamous ICP when I was a junior in high school. A buddy of mine showed me the cd case of the Riddle Box album and I was hooked just from the artwork. Now I know there are some folks that don't like or down right hate the founders of Psychopathic Records. They have been through the ringer with certain groups in the media and of course with parents and churches. I looked at their music like I did Marilyn Manson's or even Frank Zappa's, it's a form of art (but that's just me). I still listen to ICP and I get the comments about how they suck and what not. I have even been told the "Juggalo" name is considered a gang and are on police watch lists. WOW! I could see that if those folks were criminals, but most of ICP's fans are easy going folks like me. I am tempted to don the clown makeup and do some comedy just to see how many folks would boo or be cool with it. These guys went from a group originally called Inner City Posse that in their eyes were going nowhere, to fame and notoriety as Insane Clown Posse. I openly admit that I am an ICP fan and I will be for a long time. Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope, two guys that created some music I enjoy! Woo Woo!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. I guess since I'm a Black Label Berzerkette, that makes me some badass violent biker gang member!
    ;-P

    (ICP are certainly not my cup of tea, but stand up for your music!)

    ReplyDelete