Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pump Up The Volume

I will openly admit that this movie along with Good Morning Vietnam made me want to be in radio. The ability to talk to potential millions and entertain them all while spinnin' some tunes that could bring memories of good times back to the forefront. At Fulton High School, I was just another student with high hopes of graduating and kickin' the door of life wide open! I went through the motions of every day until my last class, the class I loved the most: Radio Broadcasting! I would bring in cassette tapes (remember those) of '50s, '60s, '70s, and '80s music that I knew would get the folks listening in a great mood. I went so far as to give my cell phone number out while on air for folks to make requests. I had a ball in that class and for that time period I was the host of my own show. My classmates and I would write fake commercials and have them play on air for a laugh. It was so much fun that it didn't feel like work at all. GOLD 91.1 WKCS Radio was my home during last period and I made that place rock. Playing songs by KISS, Aerosmith, Johnny Hates Jazz, Culture Club, B.B. King and many many artists that could groove people in a fun way. I'd love to get back into radio again on a broader scale and do the same thing I did in high school. I watch movies like this, Good Morning Vietnam, and some other radio based movies. Pump Up The Volume showed me that there were others that dealt with the same issues I deal with on a daily basis and that it takes one voice to reach out to the masses. Once heard, there's a reaction. Good or bad, there's always a reaction. I wanna be able to make folks laugh and enjoy some great music. That's fun for me! "HOLLA!"
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment